Fees, Enrolment & Refunds
- In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course or complete the course for any reason other than the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school, (for example: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc.) no refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later-date course will be gained.
- Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee. If you cancel your enrolment less than 30 days prior to the start date, no monies will be refunded.
- The balance of the full course fee should be paid to the Administrator no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
- Upon notification of the commencement date no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by the Administrator, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant can make only one change of date.
- All fees quoted attract and are inclusive of VAT (UK GOVERNMENT TAX) at the current rate. All fees must be received by the School without deduction, therefore any overseas/UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational courses are not exempt from VAT nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas students.
- A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
- Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
- Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
- Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
- Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees, or proof of payment from their bank, accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature. Bank drafts should be directed to Kevin Fortune Limited / The Kevin Fortune Hair Styling Academy, 11 John Princes Street, London W1G 0JR
- It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that Kevin Fortune Limited receives the amount in full.
- When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by mail or fax to the School in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and / or reference number.
- It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
- As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Education Director who also reserves the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. His/her decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
- It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
- All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the School.
- Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organisation, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending a Kevin Fortune Hair Styling Academy course.
- Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student.
- These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student. The Centre Policy Guidelines (issued separately on request) also form part of this contract and should be read by all students. Only the Director shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
- If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately without financial reimbursement for any outstanding elements to the course.