Blow-Drying Techniques for Session Styling
A beautiful & polished blow-dry is, without a doubt, the most essential ‘signature’ skill of any great hair-stylist.
Confidence & Versatility in achieving magnificent blow-drying results with lots of Movement, Body & Shine are key to impressing your artists / clients and are vital in establishing a relationship of trust between you and your clients.
Across this popular 2-Day Intensive Course, open to industry professionals from ALL industry backgrounds and ALL levels of experience, you will gain invaluable training to achieve sophisticated styling results through a variety of blow-drying techniques.
You will explore and begin to master key-areas, such as Hair Assessment, Care & Protection & Product Knowledge alongside core styling techniques to ensure your artists / clients feel in the safest of hands.
Especially when working with celebrity clients, being confident in achieving beautiful hair goes hand- in-hand with knowing how to look after your clients’ hair during styling, and this course is designed to empower you with all the knowledge & techniques you need to achieve fantastic results and delve deep into the Art of the perfect Session Blow-Dry.
The Course Covers:
- The Science of hair and understanding different hair textures
- Products Knowledge & Understanding to protect hair & achieve desired styles
- Understanding key styling tools
- Sectioning & Prepping of hair
- Blow drying techniques to achieve a variety of styles
- How to create Height, Body & Movement through Blow-Drying
- Directional Blow-Drying
- Backcombing and Root Lift
- ‘Finishing’ Techniques for editorial / photographic work & Red Carpet
- Changing hairstyles during a shoot
TOOLS & REQUIREMENTS
A complete kit is required to take part in the course. The styling tools you will need to bring along to all classes are: Professional hair dryer, Tail comb, Small & Medium Bristle brushes, Paddle brush, Denman brush, Section clips, Water spray.
The Kevin Fortune Hair Styling Academy will provide all the styling-products needed during classes.