Blow-Drying Techniques For Session Styling
Course Fees: £370.00
A beautiful and sophisticated blow-dry is, without a doubt, the most essential ‘signature’ skill of any great hair-stylist. Any professional in this diverse industry will attest to the fact that confidence and creativity in this key styling-method forms the basis to a relationship of trust between a stylist and the artist/talent/client you are working with.
Over the two day course-module, you will gain expertise towards achieving beautifully finished, polished hair-styles through a variety of Blow-Drying Techniques.
An array of key areas, such as Hair-Assessment, Care and Preparation skills will be covered on this course – Vital skills to ensure you can gain any artist’s trust in your expertise. For any stylist, the protection and care for their clients’ hair should always go hand in hand with your desire to achieve healthy-looking, lustrous hair. Today’s incredibly diversity of care- and styling-products can be intimidating.
This module aims towards empowering you to make expert-choices, that accomplish magnificent Blow-Drying results – without compromising your duty to look after your clients’ hair.
- The Science of hair and understanding different hair textures
- Look at various hair products to support and protect healthy hair
- Understanding key styling tools
- Sectioning & Preparation of hair
- Blow drying techniques to achieve a variety of styles
- How to create Height, Body & Texture through Blow-Drying
- Using Velcro rollers
- Directional blow-drying
- Backcombing and Root Lift
- Brushing out and finishing styles for a shoot or live event
- Changing hairstyles during a shoot
A complete kit is required to take part in the course. The styling tools you will need to bring along to all classes are: Professional hair dryer with diffuser, Tail comb, Small & Medium Bristle brushes, Paddle brush, Denman brush, Section clips, Water spray.
The Kevin Fortune Hair Styling Academy will provide all the styling-products needed during classes.