Blow-Drying Techniques For Session Styling
It goes without saying, a beautiful and sophisticated blow-dry, without a doubt is the most essential ‘signature’ skill of any great hair-stylist.
Any professional in this diverse industry will attest to the fact that confidence and creativity in this key styling-method forms the basis to a relationship of trust between you and your clients.
Therefore, over the two day course-module, you will gain expertise towards achieving beautifully finished, polished hair-styles through a variety of Blow-Drying Techniques.
So, you will explore an array of key areas, such as Hair-Assessment, Care and Preparation skills will be covered on this course.
These are vital skills to ensure you can gain any artist’s trust with your expertise. For any stylist, the protection and care for their clients’ hair should always go hand in hand with your desire to achieve healthy-looking, lustrous hair.
Most importantly this module aims towards empowering you to make expert-choices, so that you can accomplish magnificent Blow-Drying results – without compromising the integrity of the hair itself time and time again.
KEY HAIR STYLING SKILLS
- The Science of hair and understanding different hair textures
- Look at various hair products to support and protect healthy hair
- Understanding key styling tools
- Sectioning & Preparation of hair
- Blow drying techniques to achieve a variety of styles
- How to create Height, Body & Texture through Blow-Drying
- Using Velcro rollers
- Directional blow-drying
- Backcombing and Root Lift
- Brushing out and finishing styles for a shoot or live event
- Changing hairstyles during a shoot
A complete kit is required to take part in the course. The styling tools you will need to bring along to all classes are: Professional hair dryer, Tail comb, Small & Medium Bristle brushes, Paddle brush, Denman brush, Section clips, Water spray.
The Kevin Fortune Hair Styling Academy will provide all the styling-products needed during classes.